Being aware of where to turn with regard to the latest, most reliable information on COVID-19, particularly as it pertains to older adults and family members who take care of them, is crucial – and can be puzzling. With many resources and differing viewpoints on this earth-shattering situation, we wanted to help make it simpler to locate what you need by building the following list of reliable resources for seniors and their caregivers.
- COVID-10 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a wealth of important information, including assistance with identifying who is at greater risk, symptoms, tips on how to safeguard yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping tips, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What Seniors and People With Disabilities Should Know: ACL offers details on what seniors and people with disabilities need to be aware of to reduce the risk of acquiring and spreading the disease, along with symptoms, state-by-state regulations, and a comprehensive directory of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP provides an ongoing bulleted list of all the current information connected to COVID-19, as well as what older adults can do to minimize their likelihood of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Caregiver-Specific Articles and Resources on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and information that can help family members optimize the protection of the seniors in their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website aimed at caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to provide answers to many questions, such as information on precautions to take when visiting a senior’s house, tips on how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-10 Home Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of older adults who receive in-home care, and also for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For many more resources to help stop the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, contact Endeavor In-Home Care any time. Following a stringent protocol to ensure the safety of the seniors we serve, we are able to help with a wide range of essential services, such as:
- Grocery shopping and running other errands, to enable seniors to remain safe at home
- Preparing wholesome meals
- Companionship to relieve isolation and stress through social interaction, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and a lot more
- Keeping the home clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people diagnosed with dementia
- And many more
Connect with top providers of home and respite care in Gilbert, AZ and the surrounding areas at Endeavor In-Home Care at 480-498-2324 for an assessment in the safety and comfort of home, to find out how exactly we can help your loved ones.