Prevent Future Unplanned Senior Hospital Visits with Transitional Care
There is presently a high priority for hospitals: decreasing readmissions for high-risk patients. Healthcare Financial Management Association’s article “Two Ways Hospitals Can Reduce Avoidable Readmissions” explains that successful initiatives from a sampling of hospitals with lower 30-day rehospitalizations are, to some extent, the consequence of participating with inpatient and outpatient care providers, such as Endeavor In-Home Care, who can supply a continuum of care – helping to prevent future senior hospital visits.
The hospitals outlined in the article shared the guidelines below to help reduce rehospitalizations:
- Begin planning and preparing for a patient’s discharge from a hospital visit on the day of admission. When an older adult is hospitalized, reach out to a home care agency, such as Endeavor In-Home Care, to put a plan in place for in-home care upon discharge. Patient outcomes are considerably improved when home care services are initiated as early as possible following discharge.
- Identify patients who might be at a greater risk for concerns after discharge for extra care coordination and/or case management services. (Ensure social workers see all patients age 80 and above to provide help with care needs.)
- Use technology to evaluate, track, or refer patients.
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of the patient’s risk factors, care needs, available resources, understanding and management of the disease or condition, and extent of family support.
At Endeavor In-Home Care, trusted providers of senior home care in Phoenix and surrounding areas, we recognize how critical it is to create a transitional care plan in order to minimize the risk of hospital readmissions for seniors. We help seniors plan for care needs beginning on day one of their hospital visit, monitoring their health and making sure that care plans are implemented as soon as they return home. Call us at 480-498-2324 or reach us through our online contact form to learn more about how we can help the seniors you love transition from hospital to home through professional home care services like:
- Offering training and help with chronic condition management
- Medication reminders so they are taken exactly as prescribed
- Help with coordination and balance
- And much more
Prevent an unnecessary follow-up hospital visit. Partner with Endeavor In-Home Care for assistance.