Caring For The Elderly In Your Family
Assisted living centers are common in the United States. They offer facility care for seniors who are unable to handle their own medical needs. This seems like a good idea in theory, but in practice there are many disadvantages of assisted living. Contact us at 480-498-2324 to learn how we can help senior loved ones age comfortably in their own home.
As you or your loved ones age, the need to have a dedicated care provider increases. The greatest fear of seniors in their old age is that they will lose their freedoms. This fear is likely to be realized if they are entered into an assisted living center.
The Disadvantages of Assisted Living
Assisted care facilities work on paper but when it comes to reality there are many issues that make them unfavorable places to live.
- They are typically understaffed, leading to negligent care.
- You are not guaranteed a private room.
- There may be limited visitation times.
- The amount of time you can leave the facility may be greatly restricted.
- Patients are not allowed to clean up after themselves.
- All meals are made for you under strict dieting guidelines.
- Assisted living facilities are known for their incredibly high prices.
Avoid Assisted Living With A Better Alternative
The disadvantages of assisted living are certainly daunting. That is why many people turn to in-home care instead. In-home care does not require you to leave your place of residence, and allows you to continue to enjoy the quality of life and freedom you love.