As we age, it is normal to start to struggle with difficulties with daily activities, like bathing, dressing, fixing meals, or even driving a vehicle. This however, can cause concerns that we’ll need to give up not only our autonomy, but our home as well. The good news is that there are a variety of benefits of senior living at home with the help of home care services, like those provided by Endeavor In-Home Care. Home care can actually increase independence for seniors and help them continue residing at home where they’re most comfortable.
And the truth is, these days the majority of aging adults are deciding to receive the care they need at home. To help you better understand just what home care is, we’ve provided the following introduction to senior home care services:
- In-home senior care services are delivered on an individual basis, leading to more personal attention than in an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is no need to have to wait your turn for care needs.
- A caregiver in the home can help promote a healthier lifestyle. Professional caregivers are skilled in fixing nourishing and appetizing meals that are appealing to the senior and can also help keep track of the amount of food consumed.
- An individualized, ongoing exercise plan can be implemented and followed through with the help of a caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of a qualified professional being present during exercising.
- Home care strengthens dignity and freedom, essential factors for a fulfilling life. Home care (in particular, private pay home care) ensures tailored care distinct to the needs of the family and older person on any given day, whether the need is as simple as companionship, or more complex, such as help with personal care needs.
- The additional benefit of accompanied transportation to and from doctors’ appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the opportunity for more quality time together.
- The recent pandemic brought to the forefront how damaging senior isolation can be to both physical and mental health. A senior caregiver in the home provides necessary socialization opportunities and the chance for older adults to have a companion at the ready to avoid loneliness and depression. A home caregiver provides interesting conversations and reminiscing, fun activities, help with a senior’s hobbies and interests, and more.
We welcome the chance to speak with you and your family more about the advantages of our non-medical in home senior care in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas. Contact us today at 480-498-2324 to learn more about our professional home care services.